Sunday 8 August 2010

Where I’ve Been…

Previously, I was ill. This time my absence is much more exciting: I was spending two gorgeous sunny weeks on the American East Coast! And it all started with four days in the blistering 100’F heat of Washington DC, where we stayed in the fabulous Eastern Market area. Of course, the farmers market was my first stop once we arrived and I adored seeing the huge range of exciting food and colourful fresh produce which was so different from the markets of England or France. Hope you enjoy the photos, and stay tuned for more holiday posts to come :)DSCF7521 (2)DSCF7475 (2) DSCF7508 (2) DSCF7518 (2) DSCF7524 (2)DSCF7486

13 comments:

Rosa's Yummy Yums said...

Oh, lucky you! great produces.

Cheers,

Rosa

Dewi said...

Glad to know that you are not ill anymore, not just that, you are also having a good time in East Coast.

Bob said...

East Coast rules! Glad you had a good time. ;)

Apples and Butter said...

I hope you had a wonderful vacation even in the heat and humidity!

apparentlyjessy said...

Ooooh lucky you! I'll look forward to more holiday stories and snaps!

George@CulinaryTravels said...

What a fabulous holiday. Love the photos.

Danielle said...

Glad you had a good time :) those cupcakes look so cute!

Faith said...

I'm glad you had a wonderful holiday! The cupcakes are gorgeous. :)

Rhiannon Bosse said...

Lucy these photos are divine!! Way to go. And I cannot believe you ventured to my side of the world hehe how fun!! Looks like you saw many many yummy and fantastic things. Glad you are feeling much better too :) Hope all is well sweetheart! xo

Unknown said...

Wonderful photos. I love going to the market. I love all the pretty shapes and colours. Its all very inspiring.
*kisses* HH

Ash said...

Can't wait to hear more!
Love your market pics!!

Kathy said...

Great photos as usual!! I hope you enjoyed your vacation. I would love to be a chef in a 1972 VW van. I had a 1964 VW bug. My husband had a 1968 VW van. Great rode trips back then. Hey stay WELL!!. Good luck with school this year.

Cheri said...

Love the photos. What fun!