Monday 25 July 2011

White Chocolate & Raspberry Cookies

I wrote quite a deep, honest starting paragraph for this post. Then I looked at it and figured – this post is about a cookie. An almightily delicious and irresistible cookie yes, but a cookie nonetheless. So whilst there maybe a time for deep opening up, today I’m keeping it simple (I have a very delicious post coming up towards the end of the week) and just saying: you really must make these cookies.DSCF8706I don’t know how I originally came across this recipe as it is, rather embarrassingly, from the Carnation website. I have had the recipe saved for ages and every time I checked my ever growing list of links stored in my Recipes to Try file I’d remember them and remind myself to make them. Then I would promptly forget. Until one very rainy day last week when I got a huge craving for these – so much so that I was willing to go out in the rain to buy condensed milk, the key ingredient for these cookies as it ensures their really soft centres.DSCF8705These are rich – because of the sweet melting white chocolate and the rich dough – but that doesn’t stop them being moreish. Plus, the raspberries are nicely tart and if it’s pouring with rain in the middle of July then who doesn’t deserve a delicious cookie?! Or three. The actual dough was very quick to make but the repetitive process of making all the balls of dough, flattening them and adding the halved raspberries does take a little time. Beware – these cookie spread a lot. For my first batch (luckily only four or five) I made normal sized little balls of dough and the cookies turned out huge: over saucer sized. The recipe makes a lot but that really will not be a problem because like I say, they are very addictive. There will be fights over who gets the biggest one, trust me! Enjoy :) DSCF8699

12 comments:

La Table De Nana said...

You are right..I must make these..Gorgeous!

Rosa's Yummy Yums said...

Nice cookies! I really like the idea. Raspberries pair wonderfully well with white chocolate.

Cheers,

Rosa

The Caked Crusader said...

These look lovely - I prefer raspberry and white chocolate, to any other chocolate.
No shame about where the recipe came from - a good recipe is a good recipe!

Faith said...

Lovely cookies! The white chocolate and raspberry compliment each other so nicely.

Apples and Butter said...

Ooooh. I have never used condensed milk in a cookie. They sound delicious!

Xinmei @ Pudding Pie Lane said...

Are carnation the people who make that tinned milk? If so, they're genuises!
These raspberries look good too, I'm waiting for that heartfelt post next :p

Nancy said...

Hi lucy!!

These sound fabulous and since I am always looking for new cookies to try I will definitely be giving these a go!!

Dewi said...

Yum! I truly adore cookie with fresh fruit in it, which I must say pretty rare to find in cookie recipe.

Louisette said...

Oooh,This cookies seen nice
greeting from Belgium

Anh said...

I love the look of these cookies!!

Poires au Chocolat said...

I love the idea of using fresh raspberries in cookies - they look delicious! I think these might be next on my baking list as I have some raspberries waiting on the side.

Hazel - Chicken in a Cherry Sauce said...

These look amazing! I've never seen raspberry and white chocolate cookies like this before. I want, I want, I want! :)