Sunday 13 July 2014

Blueberry & Lemon Bundt Cake

I feel like as it is mid-July I should be blogging about ice cream, barbecues and gluts of summer fruit. But it appears the English weather is yet to get the ‘summer sunshine and warmth’ memo so I made a cake instead. My first bundt cake!DSC_0175I’ve wanted to make a bundt cake for so long so when I finally got my hands on a tin last week I knew it wouldn’t be long until one graced my table. I’m now desperate to make another one at the same time as another batch of these and have a bundt cake party…but that’s a whole other day. I used this lemon drizzle cake recipe from olive magazine and just added a few handfuls of blueberries to the mixture and used some more for decoration. Berries tend to sink to the bottom in cakes, but the beauty of the bundt is that you turn it upside down to serve so it looks like all the fruit stayed perfectly at the top. The heavy pan means it did darken slightly alarmingly on the outside, but it actually cooked really well and the ground almonds and berries keep the cake moist for days… if it lasts that long! Enjoy!photo (21)

 

8 comments:

Rosa's Yummy Yums said...

Beautiful and tempting! A delightfully fragrant and moist afternoon treat or dessert.

Cheers,

Rosa

La Table De Nana said...

It's lovely Lucy!

June Burns said...

That looks lovely! Blueberry and lemon are such a perfect couple. :)

anna ♡ said...

I'm craving to make one! Beautiful photos too Lucy!

June

http://weezasjournal.blogspot.com/

Karen @ Lemon Grove Cake Diaries said...

Blueberry and lemon are such a perfect match so refreshing and your cake looks so pretty!

Maggie said...

I now have bundt tin envy - your iced lemon and blueberry cake looks perfect for these lovely sunny days.

Jo said...

Your bundt looks so pretty! Lemon and blueberry is always a winning combination too. I've just revisited my bundt tin after falling out with it earlier in the year. Cake release spray is my new best friend :)

The Caked Crusader said...

I am always partial to some thick white icing; and I am a huge fan of baking with blueberies. This cake is a showstopper!