Sunday 9 January 2011

Venice

This New Year saw my family headed to work off the Christmas excess by exploring the streets of the beautiful city of Venice, Italy. Although we have been previously, a place like Venice never loses its charm and there were plenty of new places to discover as well as old favourites to visit…IMG-20101228-00050 The tiny island of Burano in the Venetian lagoon, where all the houses are brightly painted.

IMG-20101229-00084 The view over Venice from the top of the Campanile in St. Mark’s Square.

IMG-20101227-00017 Sitting in the sun, eating amazing Italian pizza, watching the gondolas go by…

IMG-20101227-00013 A view down the bustling Grand Canal from the top of the Rialto Bridge.

And now for some food…

IMG-20101229-00068 Amazing works of pasta art!

IMG-20101230-00115 More food art, in the form of marzipan fruits.

IMG-20101230-00097 Nutty, sticky, chewy Torrone.

IMG-20101230-00116A whole host of delicious goods spied through a bakery window :)

12 comments:

Rosa's Yummy Yums said...

A lovely place that has a lot to offer!

Cheers,

Rosa

Nisrine | Dinners and Dreams said...

Lucky you and all your travels. I miss Italy. Your photos bring back sweet memories.

La Table De Nana said...

Oh Lucy you loved it too:) I can see.
What a place..I have the fondest memories..

Dewi said...

I fall in love with this romantic city :)

Anonymous said...

wow, what great photos! it looks like a fabulous holiday xx

http://www.stuffyoulllove.com/

Ash said...

oh wow!! How lucky are you!! I would love to go there!!

Faith said...

What a lovely trip to Venice, Lucy! Your photos are gorgeous!

James said...

Now that's the way to spend new year! It's great to see the city in all its seasons.

Find any nice restaurants? Always after new ones.

I got some of the blue curacao pasta once & served with white chocolate sauce - interesting dessert....

Hopefully will be back there later this year for the biennale. Happy days.

apparentlyjessy said...

You lucky thing Lucy! Venice would be an amazing place to visit! What an experience. I like the look into the bakery window, too many delicious goodies to choose from there!

Susan: My Food Obsession said...

I love Venice and the surrounding Islands. Isn't Burano just beautiful!

The Caked Crusader said...

I have always wanted to go to Venice and this has whetted my appetite even more - the marzipan fruits are works of art!

rwhool1 said...

The ffod looks great1 I went to Venice in the spring half term and saw lots of the food you did!Did you try any?