Sunday 27 September 2009

Oaty Raspberry Muffins

There are times, rare times, when I want to bake, but also mind about being that li-ittle bit healthier. But just because thinks are healthier, doesn’t mean they are going to be baked any less tasty! One ingredient that could always make me feel healthier, even if surrounded by kilos and kilos of chocolate – would be oats.chloes 163

See, as soon as you throw a handful or two of oats into a muffin (or anything baked!) I can feel just that bit better about having a second helping. And once you’ve added some yummy juicy fruit (in this case raspberries) – why stop at two helpings? After all, muffins are best on the day they are made ;)

chloes 165

The recipe for these Raspberry and Oat muffins came from the lovely must-read Bibliocook blog, where the muffins are originally made with blueberries. Having none of these available, I substituted for frozen raspberries, and added a few minutes onto the cooking time. Ooh, these were delicious! The raspberry juices stained the muffin a pretty light pink inside – and they smelled divine! Mmm :) If you’re a muffin fan, then these are most definitely for you. You can find the recipe here. Until next time!

12 comments:

Von said...

Hi Lucy
I just discovered you blog =]
And I think it's amazing!These muffins look delicoius! =]

Palidor said...

Healthy or not, they look delicious!

Rosa's Yummy Yums said...

What wonderful muffins! Healthy and delicious!

Cheers,

Rosa

Karine said...

Your muffins sounds delicious! And with a healthy twist :)

Dewi said...

Oat is always good choice, at least make us less guilty of eating this muffins. Look beautiful Lucy!

George@CulinaryTravels said...

Oats make anything healthy, don't they?

I've been putting off buying that cookbook, but, after seeing your delightful muffins I might just have to reconsider.

Kathy Waldroup said...

Hey Lucy. I keep checking your site. I'm sure you have been busy with school. Great picture. I'm going to try these muffins. Thanks Kathy.

Allie said...

I love raspberry muffin, yum!

Ash said...

This muffin looks like a good little treat! I'm such a muffin lover and I love your raspberry addition!

verity said...

They look yummy! I just found your blog when I was googling to see if the BBC Good food recipe for lemon and sultana cookies was online; it is in the 101 book of cakes and bakes which I've just acquired, and I was planning to make them tonight :) I have added your blog to the list of blogs that I follow and look forward to reading about your baking.

Steph said...

Lucy! Your muffins look perfect. I love the shape of them. I agree, oats make everything healthier. I've never tried oat muffins before, thanks for inspiring me!

Mini Baker said...

these looks so hearty/nutritious/DELICIOUS! I will for sure be trying these! I love your blog! I'm so glad I found it! I'll be back often :)
-Mini Baker