Sunday 21 November 2010

Ricciarelli

In the Biscuit Challenge so far, I have tackled widely known biscuit tin favourites. This time, I wanted to try something different – just as irresistible, just as moreish, still something I have regularly bought from a supermarket, but just a little bit different. DSCF8214 The most famous Italian biscuits would probably be amaretti, biscotti and cantuccini. Whilst all these are delicious, I think my favourite now has to be this – the ricciarelli. A soft and chewy macaroon, with a truly intense almond flavour and a tiny touch of lemon. Also slightly addictive.  You have been warned!DSCF8226 These are not particularly complicated, but you do need to start the day before so they have plenty of time to dry out which will lead to their scrumptious chewy texture later on. Whilst I am not a hugely patient person and the no instant gratification was different, I think the wait just makes the reward even more tasty. And you end up with freshly baked ricciarelli for breakfast through no effort! Splendid.

You can find the recipe here (scroll down!) – I hope you enjoy :)DSCF8225

9 comments:

Danielle said...

Yum! I've never heard of these before, I love reading your blog! You always have cool recipes I've never heard of before(:

La Table De Nana said...

Oh Lucy would this be THE recipe I was searching for? Like a soft amaretti?

Gorgeous!

Rosa's Yummy Yums said...

Fabulous little biscuits! I adore soft and chewy almond macarons.

Cheers,

Rosa

Dewi said...

Delicious cookies, I always want to make this.

Faith said...

Oh these are gorgeous, Lucy! I would absolutely be addicted to their intense almond flavor! :)

Manu said...

Wow I love Ricciarelli, they're so good

Ash said...

I so need to make these!!

Hannah said...

They look really good! I'm always put off from making these type of things because I'm too impatient to wait for them to dry, first ;o)

Unknown said...

I've always wanted to try making ricciarelli, thanks for the recipe! :)